- The Applicant and Insured Persons of this plan must be residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. The Applicant must be aged 18 or above.
- There is no minimum age limit for this plan. Maximum age limit is 75.
- Maximum Personal Accident Benefit for Insured Person aged under 17 is HK$250,000.
- Insured Persons aged below 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- 24-hour Worldwide Travel Assistance Services are only offered where the Insured Person is outside of his or her place of residence (i.e. Hong Kong).
- Major exclusions: pre-existing injury or sickness, act of war and terrorism (except that as provided under Terrorism Extension stated below), participation in illegal acts, professional sports, pregnancy, childbirth, suicide, self-inflicted injury, AIDS, flying other than as a fare-paying passenger etc.
- Terrorism Extension against death or bodily injury (including necessary medical expenses thus incurred) provided such terrorist acts do not involve the use of biological, chemical agents or nuclear devices.
- Travel Insurance Policy is underwritten by MSIG Insurance (Hong Kong Limited) ("MSIG") which is a general insurer authorized and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the HKSAR. Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited ("SCBHK") is an insurance agent appointed by MSIG. To the extent permissible by law, SCBHK shall not be liable to any person for the use of any of the above information.
- Collection of Levy on Insurance Premium : Insurance Authority ("IA") has announced the collection of levy on insurance premium under the “Insurance Ordinance” with effect from 1 January 2018. As a result, all premium amounts shown in this webpage are subject to levy. For further information, please visit www.ia.org.hk/en/levy.
Applicable for Single Trip Travel Insurance Only
- The maximum period of Insurance of Single Trip is 182 days. Each trip should be a round-trip commencing in Hong Kong.
- No refund of premium will be allowed once the insurance is issued unless the trip is cancelled by the travel agent before its commencement.
Applicable for Annual Cover Travel Insurance Only
- The maximum period of Insurance of Annual Cover is 90 days. Each trip should be a round-trip commencing in Hong Kong.
The above product information is for reference only. For details of coverage, terms, conditions, and exclusions, please refer to the policy wording. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of any of the above details, the English version shall prevail.