The "Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme" (VHIS) implemented by the Government is a policy to coordinate public and private medical systems. To address the increasing needs for healthcare protection in Hong Kong, MSIG has participated in the Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS). To provide more comprehensive coverage, we offer enhanced healthcare insurance plans certified by the Food and Health Bureau (FHB).
MSIG exclusive day surgery cash allowance
Tax deduction - Qualifying premium ceiling for tax deduction is HK$8,000 per insured person per year
Guaranteed renewal until 100 years of age with no lifetime benefit limit
Prescribed non-surgical cancer treatments up to $80,000 per policy year including target therapy
Cover unknown pre-existing conditions
Covers psychiatric treatment
VHIS Prestige Care plan annual benefit limit up to HK$1,500,000
Tax deductions are available for qualifying premiums paid by a policyholder for himself and his dependents under any VHIS certified plans. The qualifying premium ceiling for tax deduction is HK$8,000 per insured person per year. There is no cap on the number of dependents whose premiums are eligible for tax deduction.
To cater your different medical needs, MSIG provides both the standard plan "VHIS Standard Care"and the flexi plan "VHIS Prestige Care" which offers enhanced coverage and more comprehensive protection.Below listed coverage is eligible for tax deductions.
|Benefits||VHIS Standard Care|
|VHIS Prestige Care|
|Basic Benefits||Maximum Benefits Payable Per Year (HK$)|
|Benefit Limit||420,000||Up to 1,500,000|
|Surgeon's fee||Up to 50,000||Full cover|
|Prescribed non-surgical cancer treatments|
(including target medicine)
|80,000||Up to 300,000|
|Pre-and post-outpatient care||3,000||Up to 7,500|
|MSIG Exclusive Benefits||Maximum Benefits Payable Per Claim (HK$)|
|Day surgery cash allowance||1,000|
|Second claim cash allowance benefit||1,000|
|Enhanced Benefits||Maximum Benefits Payable Per Year (HK$)|
|Companion bed/Private nursing/Outpatient kidney dialysis/Operation and cancer recovery benefit||N/A||Cover|
|Increased international cover|
Applicable to the emergency treatment of the insured person while travelling or located outside the place of residence (not exceeding 90 days per trip)
|N/A||Annual benefit limit will be increased to $6,000,000 per policy year|
(Plan C only)
|Optional Enhanced Benefit||Maximum Benefits Payable Per Year (HK$)|
|Optional Supplementary major medical benefit||N/A||Up to 600,000 per year|
based on room class
(Coinsurance 20% and $1000 SMM excess per claim)
The above information is only part of the coverages of VHIS and for reference only. Please refer to the policy wording for details.
- The promotion period is between 1 Aug 2019 and 1 Jan 2020 (both days inclusive) ("Promotion Period").
- Within Promotion Period, successful applicants of VHIS Standard Care or VHIS Prestige Care of MSIG Insurance (Hong Kong) Limited ("MSIG") whose submit the contact information on MSIG's insurance designated website accessed through the website of AEON Credit Service (AISA) Co. Ltd(“AEON”) or contact AEON MSIG Insurance Service Hotline directly; and receive a quotation for Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme ("VHIS") from AEON MSIG Insurance Service Hotline is entitled to below discount offer :
AEON Credit Cardmember Non AEON Credit Cardmember VHIS Standard Care
15% premium discount
on the first year policy
10% premium discount
on the first year policy
VHIS Prestige Care
- The premium discount is only applicable to the first year premium of the VHIS Standard Care or VHIS Prestige Care policy.
- These terms and conditions are related to the promotional offers only and no reference has been made to any MSIG insurance policy ("Policy") or any coverage or content. Customers are advised to read and understand the Policy before applying for the relevant insurance.
- AEON and MSIG reserves the right to vary or terminate the offers at any time and to amend the terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- All matters or disputes in relation to the promotional offers and the interpretation of terms and conditions herein shall be subject to the decision of AEON and MSIG, which shall be final and binding.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions and any details of the promotional offers, the English version shall prevail.